torstai 20. syyskuuta 2012

HTPC setup

First post!

I've been building my HTPC for some time now, and I'd like to share my experiences with everyone, since there doesn't seem to be a complete list of "suggested applications and setups" people like I could use. Instead, I've had to try many things to get this system to behave like I want it to.

Some specs:
- Heart is Asus AT5IONT-I Deluxe, but I got a cheap returned one, which didn't have power supply (external DC one), remote control or wlan antenna. So in the end, it was quite lot of work to hunt these parts, and I would rather get a retail one now.
- Motherboard has Intel Atom D525 processor
- Nvidia GT218 graphics card
- Some memory, at least 2 GB
- 2 TB of hard disk space

Currently there is no fan, but the device is a bit too hot, so I will add one.

Software runs MythBuntu (Ubuntu+mythtv distribution), which is not perfect, but better than any others I have tried. I might write about them someday.

On following posts I will share my configurations for game emulation and other stuff.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti